0 rating avg. 0 out of 5 stars
Hamilton County's first court met at Hasten Poe's tavern near the present Daisy in 1819, later moving to Rawlings' Farm, near the present Dallas. In 1840, a courthouse was built about 500 yards NW of this point, and the new town named for President William Henry Harrison. The county seat moved to Chattanooga in 1871.
© 2013 goby technologies. all rights reserved.