0 rating avg. 0 out of 5 stars
On US 30, seven miles west of Fremont (which is 50 miles northwest of Omaha), on the north side of the Platte River. This historic old class D town was founded in 1885, grew rapidly into a major cattle town. It faded after the 1930s. In 1930 Ames boasted a population of 500, but by 1990 that had shrunk to 35.
© 2013 goby technologies. all rights reserved.